University of Missouri Extension
Story source: John A. Lory, 573-884-7815
COLUMBIA, Mo. – Seven meetings across the state will share results from the 2018 Missouri Strip Trial Program.
Last year, 48 trials were conducted in 24 Missouri counties, says University of Missouri Extension nutrient management specialist John Lory. Trials included nitrogen response in corn, cover crop comparisons, cover crop termination date comparisons, phosphorus response, ILeVO seed treatment for soybean and late-season fungicide treatments for foliar disease management.
The grower-focused program helps Missouri farmers and crop advisers compare on-farm management decisions and practices in a low-cost, low-risk setting. MU conducted 150 trials during the past three years.
Lory says the meetings will focus on three audiences: Farmers who took part in the trials and want to learn more about the results; farmers who may be interested in participating in future trials; and farmers or crop advisers who want to learn more about how the program works.
State and local extension specialists will review summaries of the cover crop, nitrogen, phosphorus, ILeVO and fungicide trials. Specialists also will ask farmers about their priorities for future strip trials.
There is no charge for the meeting. MU Extension, Missouri Soybean Merchandising Council and Missouri Corn Merchandising Council fund the strip trial program.
Schedule and local contact information:
• Feb. 7, 1-3 p.m. Troy, MU Extension Center in Lincoln County, 880 W. College St. Contact Charlie Ellis at 636-529-4613 or Rusty Lee at 573-564-3733.
• Feb. 11, 10 a.m.-noon. Keytesville, USDA Service Center, 104 S. John F. Kennedy Ave. Contact Dhruba Dhakal at 660-288-3239 or Kent Shannon at 573-445-9792.
• Feb. 13, 1-3 p.m. Lamar, MU Extension Center in Barton County, 801 E. 12th St. Contact Jill Scheidt at 417-682-3579 or Tim Schnakenberg at 417-838-8405.
• Feb. 14, 10 a.m.-noon. Novelty, MU Greenley Research Center, 64399 Greenley Place. Contact Wyatt Miller at 573-769-2177 or Kent Shannon at 573-445-9792
• Feb. 20, 1-3 p.m. Oregon, T.J. Hall Building, 104 S. Main St. Contact Wayne Flanary at 660-446-3724.
• Feb. 21, 10 a.m.-noon. Bethany, BTC Bank meeting room, 3606 Miller St. Contact Andy Luke at 660-425-6434.
• Feb. 26, 10 a.m.-noon. Boonville, MU Extension Center in Cooper County, 510 Jackson Road, Suite A. Contact Todd Lorenz at 660-882-5661 or Kent Shannon at 573-445-9792.
Learn more about the program at striptrial.missouri.edu or follow @MUStripTrials on Twitter.