The Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service in Bexar County and Bexar County Master Gardeners will present an Earth-Kind home gardening series in San Antonio from August through October.
“Earth-Kind gardening takes the best methods and techniques from traditional and organic gardening,” said David Rodriguez, AgriLife Extension horticulture agent, Bexar County. “It focuses on environmentally responsible gardening using minimal inputs.”
Series sessions will be from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the AgriLife Extension office in Suite 208 of the Conroy Square business complex, 3355 Cherry Ridge Drive.
The cost is $30 for the series or $10 per session. To register, go to: https://bexar-tx.tamu.edu.
Seminar dates and topics will be:
- August 8- Rainwater Harvesting and Drip Irrigation
- August 22- Fall Vegetable Gardening: Warm Weather Vegetables
- September 12- Home Fruit and Citrus
- September 26- Lawn Care Basics
- October 10- Fall Vegetable Gardening: Cool Weather Vegetables
- October 24- Benefits of Composting
Rodriguez said series attendees will learn how to make landscapes look better while saving money on herbicides, pesticides and water.
Through the application of science-based knowledge, AgriLife Extension creates high-quality, relevant continuing education that encourages lasting and effective change.